Happy 4th of July!
We here at Kennett Township hope you and yours enjoy the upcoming Independence Day celebrations this weekend. We truly have much to celebrate this year. Not only does this holiday afford us the time to reflect on the freedoms and liberties we have as Americans, it also allows us to celebrate again WITH others, unlike last year.
During your celebrating, we want to remind you that Pennsylvanian's 18 and older can purchase Class C or "consumer-grade" fireworks with the following limits set by state/local law:
- They cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner.
- They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure, whether or not a person is actually present.
- They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.
- In Kennett Township, fireworks are prohibited on trails.
Another reminder - due to the holiday week, there will not be a Board of Supervisors meeting next Wednesday. The next meeting will be Wednesday, July 21st at 7pm via Zoom.
From Kennett Township Board of Supervisors and staff, we hope you all enjoy your time with friends and family over this Independence Day weekend!
The Township Building will be closed Monday, July 5th in observance of Independence Day.