A message from a vital community organization, Kennett Area Community Service.
Dear Friends, The COVID-19 pandemic is creating unmet needs above and beyond the usual. Please help us communicate that KACS is here to help. We are open for food distribution, and by appointment, for emergency assistance. Now more than ever, low-income families are depending on KACS. Many families are facing financial hardship, particularly low-wage service workers and other hourly employees, due to the severe slowdown in business over the Coronavirus spread. Our Emergency Assistance Program is housed within the Resource Center located at 138 West Cedar Street in Kennett Square, next door to the Kennett Food Cupboard. The program offers the following services for those currently living in our service area:
For help with Emergency Assistance you must first contact us by phone or email. We are NOT accepting walk-ins at the Resource Center.The Food Cupboard is located at 138 West Cedar Street in Kennett Square and serves our neighbors living in the Avon Grove, Unionville and Kennett Consolidated School Districts who need help:
- financial assistance for rent, utility bills, and other basic living expenses, please call 610-925-3556 ext. 114.
- housing assistance to those who are experiencing homelessness or about to be homeless, please call 610-925-3556 ext. 120.
- microloan program, please call 610-925-3556 ext. 119.
- connecting those in need with a partner agency that will best assist them, please call 610-925-3556 ext. 120.
At this time, we are unable to accept food donations as we have suspended our volunteer corps during the pandemic. COVID-19 is creating new needs while putting enormous financial pressure on all nonprofits. Contributions make it possible for KACS to continue providing much-needed help during this crisis. That is what would be most useful at this time. This is what we need your help with. What you can do:
- 5-7 day supply of food provided once a month
- Current Hours: Monday 12pm to 3pm, Wednesday 12pm to 6pm & Friday 12pm to 3pm
Even during a crisis that requires us to keep our distance from members of our community, we can support each other; speaking up for the needs that exist and sharing how you are helping can inspire others to act as well. We need you now, more than ever. Your help is greatly appreciated, Leah Leah M. Reynolds, M.S.P.L.Executive Directorleah@kacsonline.net
- Make a donation. The best way to help us help others is to make an online donation on our website at www.kacsonline.net.
- Share our information with your contacts, friends, and network on social media. Be a voice for how people can help each other in this time of social distancing, while staying safe.