Dear Kennett Residents and Business Owners,
We received the below email from Kira Floersheim, who is the District Scheduler and Constituent Advocate for U.S. Representative Chrissy Houlahan. Kira recently attended and presented at our August 5th Board of Supervisors Meeting. She wanted to make sure we had the most accurate voting information available for you, so here it is! For further questions, visit www.chesco.org/156/Voter-Services and/or www.votespa.com.
Rep. Houlahan Telephone Town Hall Series, “Voting Safely in 2020”
- Tuesday, 9/22 at 3:15pm
- Wednesday, 9/30 at 3:30pm
- Tuesday, 10/6 at 3:30pm
- Wednesday, 10/14 at 3:15pm
- Thursday, 10/22 at 4:00pm
- Monday 10/26 at 5:00pm
To join any of these town halls, please dial 855-731-4616.
Important 2020 General Election Dates/Deadlines
- October 19th - Last day to register to vote for the 2020 General Election. Check your registration here. You can find more information and register online here.
- October 27th - Last day to apply for a mail-in or civilian absentee ballot. Check the status of your mail-in or absentee ballot here.
- November 3rd – Election Day (polls open 7am - 8pm)
- November 6th - Last day for County Boards of Elections to receive mail-in and civilian absentee ballots.
- November 10th - Last day for County Boards of Elections to receive military and overseas ballots postmarked before November 3rd.
Ways to Vote this Election
- Early In-Person Voting
- Vote by mail/absentee
- Vote In-Person on Election Day
What is Early, In-Person Voting?
- Go to your Board of Elections Office and request to vote early. You will be given a mail-in ballot that you may fill out privately. After filling out the ballot and properly sealing it in the security envelope, you will hand it back to the officials.
- You may also bring your mail-in ballot to the Board of Elections Office to turn in.
- Early, In-Person Voting is not yet available, but will be once ballots are printed mid-September-early October. It will end at 5pm on October 27th.
- Before you go: Call ahead to make sure ballots are printed and ready and check the hours for your Board of Elections Office.
- Available at your County’s Board of Elections Office:
- Chester County: 601 Westtown Rd., Suite 150, West Chester, PA 19380; (610) 344-6410
- Berks County: 633 Court St., 1st Floor, Reading, PA 19601; (610) 478-6218
How to Vote By Mail
- Apply for a mail-in ballot online, by mail, or in-person.
- Once you are approved, your County Board of Elections will mail you your mail-in ballot.
- Turn in your ballot by mail or by handing it in at your County’s Board of Elections. It must be received on or before 5pm on November 6th.
How to Vote In-Person
- Check your registration status. You must be registered by October 19th to vote in this election.
- Check your polling location here.
- Get prepared to vote. Wear a mask, bring your own pen, and bring an ID if it’s your first time voting at your polling location (note: if the physical location of your polling place has changed, but your home address has not, you do not need an ID).
- Go to your polling location! Polls are open from 7am to 8pm. All voters in line by 8pm can vote in the election.
For FAQs, additional resources, or to find ways to help in this upcoming election, please visit our website.
I hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 610-883-5050.
Kira Floersheim (she/her/hers) | District Scheduler & Constituent Advocate
Representative Chrissy Houlahan | PA-06
709 E. Gay St., Suite 4, West Chester, PA 19380 | (610) 883-5050